Dental Bridges – York, PA
Get Rid of Your Smile Gaps
As it happens, tooth loss is more common than you’d think. Roughly 178 million Americans are missing at least one of their pearly whites. That said, you don’t have to endure your unseemly smile gaps. There’s actually a great way to restore your grin: dental bridges! These prosthetics from Aesthetic Dental Arts will make your smile full and pretty again. To learn more about how they work, just keep reading or visit our office.
What is a Dental Bridge?
Put simply, a dental bridge is a type of oral appliance. Made of ceramic crowns fused to a pontic (i.e., replacement tooth), it replaces one to four teeth at a time. It also relies on nearby natural teeth for support.
Given these features, the best dental bridge candidates have the following:
- A few missing adjacent teeth along the same arch
- Sufficiently healthy tooth and bone structures (to support the bridge)
- Decent oral hygiene habits (which will help a bridge’s stability)
The Types of Dental Bridges
Prior to bridge treatment, you’ll have a consultation with Dr. Singh. This visit lets him learn about your oral health, treatment goals, dental history, etc. In light of these details, he’ll determine if a dental bridge would help you.
Should Dr. Singh approve, the consult will also confirm the type of bridge you need. As such, you can expect our office to suggest one of these options:
Traditional Dental Bridge
As you might expect, the traditional dental bridge is the most popular kind. The device is made of dental crowns affixed to an artificial tooth. Therefore, it’s cemented to abutment teeth for stability.
Overall, a standard bridge is suited for patients with small smile gaps. That much is natural – it needs nearby teeth to work. In exchange, this bridge requires a dentist to remove some of your enamel.
Instead of dental crowns, an implant bridge relies on dental implants. These latter prosthetics slowly fuse with your jaw. As a result, the overall restoration is more secure and less likely to slip.
Due to their unique placement method, implant bridges have perks that regular ones don’t. Most notably, they don’t require the dentist to remove any enamel.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Bridge
No matter the type, you can trust a dental bridge to solve your tooth loss issues. In doing so, it’ll grant you benefits like:
- A Natural-Looking Smile: Since a dental bridge uses high-grade porcelain, it provides very lifelike results. The appliance should blend seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
- Better Oral Health: If you leave your smile gaps untreated, they’ll start to house harmful oral bacteria. In contrast, getting a dental bridge would fill those spaces and reduce the number of microbes. You'd then be at less risk of gum disease and similar ailments.
- Easier Eating & Speaking: A dental bridge will give you more teeth to use, so it’ll help you eat and speak. From there, you’ll likely feel less self-conscious and more confident.
Here at Aesthetic Dental Arts, our dental bridges will make your smile whole again. That being the case, please book a consultation with us today!